Purpose of Position To improve the quality of care for individuals with complex health and social needs across health care settings. Assist eligible patients to gain the knowledge, skills, tools, and confidence to become active participants in coordinating care and managing health conditions in accordance with their self-identified health and living goals.
Summary of Duties
- Provide care coordination services to individuals with 2 or more chronic diseases, are Medicare-eligible, and agree to be enrolled in Medicare’s Chronic Care Management Program.
- Assist patients through the healthcare system by acting as a coach, advocate, and navigator.
- Facilitate patient education on health conditions and disease management.
- Support patient self-management of disease and behavior modification interventions.
- Coordinate and ensure communication and continuity of care among care partners including patients, family members, community-based providers, primary care and specialty providers.
- Document all interactions, interventions, and care plans in the Vital Health Links software portal and electronic medical record (EMR), when required.
- Educate patients and families about how to use care coordination software tool to manage health conditions, communicate with providers, and take charge of their health.
- Teach skills, knowledge, and attitudes necessary to empower patients to manage their own care utilizing a patient-centered health coaching approach.
- Assess patient and caregiver needs for non-medical, in-home services and support and provide decision support to select and coordinate services.· Achieve minimum productivity goals that include 6 hours of documented care coordination activities each 8-hour shift, outreach to 25 patients per day, and an average of 12 conversions per day.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Related to Education and Experience
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Proficient computer data entry and keyboarding skills
- Minimum of 1 years of health care experience (2+ years preferred)
- Self-disciplined, energetic, passionate, performance driven
- A team player who can follow a system and protocol to achieve a common goal
- Highly organized and well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates sound judgment, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality with all aspects of information in accordance with health care practice and State and Federal regulations
- Communicates effectively with other professionals working in community and health care settings
- Experience working with Electronic Medical Records to manage patient care needs
Proof of Certification/Licensure: The employee will provide proof of any certifications, licenses, and educational degrees as applicable to their profession and maintain required certification or licensure throughout their employment with Vital Health Links.
Criminal Background Check: The employee will authorize a criminal background check. A clean background check is required for employment.
Required Training: The employee agrees to complete any and all required training during the course of employment related to the role of care coordinator including, but not limited to, HIPAA and Data Privacy, and Medicare Fraud & Abuse: Prevention, Detection, and Reporting.
|Job Title||Certified Medical Assistant - Care Coordinator|
|Job Type||Full-time + benefits (health, dental, life, disability, PTO, holiday)|
|Job Hours||M-F, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (CST)|
|Location||Remote; Work From Home|